Monday, November 2, 2015

Holiday Gas Station

One day I told a co-worker about the quest me and my wife were on for Oreo shakes. He quickly mentioned and handful of places we had been to. But, he also mentioned getting shakes with his daughters at the local Holiday gas station. yes, the one with the clown.

So, this was added to the list and me and my wife quickly went to check if they had Oreo shakes, and yes they did (well, it was actually cookies and cream...but, close enough)!!!

One great thing about this convenience store is its...convenience. But seriously, they're everywhere and you can walk over and get a shake while you're getting gas!!

First impression was...different. The shake at the beginning isn't a shake... It's a cup of ice-cream. You make it yourself!! It's AMAZING!! You take one of the cups and stick in a pretty standard shake making mixer thing and push start. In a few minutes I was looking at a homemade shake made by yours truly. It wasn't the best shake ever created, but it was probably the best one I've ever made.

I ran out to my wife who was filling up the car and shouted, "They had it!" Startling the elderly gentleman at the pump next to us... He probably just thought I was crazy as he went back to washing his windshield.

As for price, it was pretty cheap, one of the least expensive. But, it was a pretty small amount of shake, so the value was limited by that. Also, they only had one size (which makes sense 'cause it's not really a shake place, or a restaurant for that matter...) It was still a downer though. Anyways, we ended up on 4 out of 5 for price. Even with the drawbacks it was a pretty good deal. I'd highly recommend to swing by your local Holiday and see if they have 'em. (they also have a ton of other flavors)

The presentation was alright. It kinda goes without saying that it was simply an Oreo shake. No cherry on top. No whipped cream. It got an average score of 3 out of 5.

Along the same lines the taste wasn't amazing. It got a 3 too.

As for the texture it was pretty thin. But, I'm sure it's quite a bit harder to make a spoon style shake that has chunks coming from a frozen ice-cream base. With this consideration it earned a 1.5.

The final tally was:

Presentation - 3
Price - 4
Taste - 3
Texture - 1.5
Overall - 2.875


Check out our full list to see where this sits on 
the list of all the Oreo shakes we've had.

2 comments:

  1. My wife and I love the convenience store shakes! Fun blog, I found it through your facebook invite. I would recommend Zeek's Pie Shake Parlour (formely Sammy's). They are a bit pricey for a burger place but I love the pie shakes. Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! We've been to Sammys, but we'll hafta check out Zeeks!

    ReplyDelete